Animal abuse
Today I had a cool experience with my horse Titan. (+- a year ago)
At horses which is at about 6 o’clock, I went into Titans stable and I started preparing his stable. I got his bedding in and his hay to eat, then after a while I heard foods ready and all the horses got excited, I went to fetch the food and took it to Titan. As Titan was eating I grabbed a brush and started brushing him, he swung out his right foot, (which I find amazing that he is able to do that) and he almost kicked me, I reacted with in that moment and got tired of this, he does this quite a lot, and with in me reacting I lost me here and I hit Titan with the brush and kicked his foot out of spitefulness, going through me how does that feel huh? This did not move him at ALL he just stood there and tried to kick me again.
I breathed and just continued brushing him, I was angry and experienced myself as being incapable to control my horse and that I am in danger now all the time, I brushed him with in fear, and I saw the point of why I am in fear now, because instead of breathing and seeing the point my horse is revealing to me with in that moment which was that I brushed him to get done with it not to actually be with him unconditionally.
And he stood by his point, not giving into me reacting towards him, I found that my horse as that moment was more directive and unconditional that what I will ever be this I experienced with in me.
After wards as I sat on the chair outside his stable and looked at him, he stared at me, and I went into questioning him, I stopped and I said okay Titan I forgive you. He had no after math of whoa I did something wrong like I did.
I sat there and all the sudden this point reveals to me in a single breath. A past question that I always asked myself came up, the question was- How can people abuse horses like they do, and how did people get to abuse my horse like this, if they did not abuse my horse he would not have been this way towards me. And then the present moment of what just happened came to me aligning with the past questions, where I now see how people got to the point of abusing horse (animals), fear and reactions, through this loosing self entirely and awareness, but still aware actually.
And then they act upon their specific believe of themselves and who they believe themselves to be, meaning if the horse dares to kick you, you will react because your ego has just been challenged by an animal which people see as less then themselves, this is the fear also, actually realizing that the state you as the human being exist as in this current moment is less than an animal and this can not be shown to anyone not even self, therefore you will attack the animal out of reaction and fear.
No matter the cost of what you do to the animal, the actions will be taken from the starting point of spitefulness or stimulation- the stimulation will be gaining that back which you feel you have just lost (Ego) so through stimulating the horse through abusing the horse as torturing, which will stimulate you as the human because you feel you are gaining revenge and power back.
This Stop here
Yes I see this within people often.
ReplyDeleteAt the Farm here in New Zealand, each morning and night we line up three of our cows to let the six calves we bought feed upon them. One of the cows used to play up all of the time - she doesn't like the calves being on her, and she kicks her back leg all of the time to shake them off. My Mum's partner used to have a black hose with him which he used to hit her if she played up (he has stopped this mostly since I told him that this is enough, I won't put up with animals being beaten like this, there are other ways to deal with animals without harming them, despite him saying that this happens on farms everywhere, implying that this is an acceptable way to deal with farm animals). But he would want to get his revenge on her for not doing as he says, as if he is the superior - taking out his anger and frustration on her, feeling like this is the only way to get her to do what he wants her to do - instead of standing equal with her here. Once he was checking her teats for milk and she tried to kick him, and he said next time you do that I'm going to hit you. Sure enough she did it again, and in a reaction of frustration because she would not do as he said, he whacked her over the back with the black rod out of spite. And it is all ego - "how dare you try to kick me when I am the human; I am more than you, you must do as I say!" - Ego! It is completely abusive! And this is the root of a lot of animal abuse.
We need to find our way to working and being with animals completely as equals, being here with them and as them in breath, working together. If people are going to work with animals they must not see the animals as less than, as things that must be shown who's boss, in separation. All of these power games and the need to feed or boost or sustain ego needs to go. It is all just abuse. We think that this is the only way to deal with animals because we have forgotten our equality with them, and we have forgotten how to actually communicate with them, and be with them as equals. People doing things in this world as ego just fucks everything up because they have no understanding of the beings such as the animals who are actually here and real as life.