Agreement, the know it all point for males.
Problem
Being a male within an agreement has been challenging and still is, the male ego is really fucked up and has never been anything else than that.
I will share a simple point that all males must consider when entering an agreement and that is necessary for the agreement to flow more.
As a male I have had the experience with in the agreement ever since I started the agreement up until a couple of months ago the point of - I as the male know better than the women.
So this point that I was living and applying as me knowing better and more than the women really postponed me from learning anything new or from growing.
Whenever my partner brought up a point or a suggestion I would immediately have a counter conclusion/reason/argument/reaction and then I would say things that will make what my partner said seem less or as in valid.
So when I would for instance sit with my partner and we would do something on the P.C’s like making Photoshop stuff she would suggest something to me that I could do on the picture and instead of me going ok I will try it out and practice the point. I would go into NO I KNOW BETTER. Then i would give ten reasons why i was doing it the way I did it and why her idea would just make it bad.
This over times created a point in the agreement where my partner would simply not say anything.
I basically killed the expression and the softness and caring and the cute side of things and only tried sticking to serious manly things that would seem like I am a man that can handle my shirt and that I am tough and that what I make in photo shot is only cool and NOT cute.
And another simple point would be where we have taken many photos of the day and me and my partner would sit and start choosing the ones that we want to upload or use in videos, she would suggest all the expressive ones that had real character on it and an expression in it such as being funny or cute or nice, and then I as the male ego would say no it is not professional, people will not take it serious, we must take things that looks professional and specific.
Then again I end up choosing most of the pictures and next time my partner would simply start choosing pictures out without me and then I would get angry and not understand why and so conflict is created. As we all can see how it manifested through the male ego.
Correction
So now as a point of correction.
Every time I have to make a decision on something I ask my partner (Female) to make the decision for me as a yes or No answer.
This way I empower her and in the process I allow my male ego to be dissolved.
For example.
I want to buy a PsP (play station Portable) so before I do anything to buy it I go to my partner and I ask her straight forward, not in a controllable/manipulative/deceptive way if I can buy the Psp. She will ask me how much money do we have and I will tell her straight forward X amount. Then she will say Yes or No.
I accept any answer she gives me and I do it, no matter what reactions came up, no matter what reasons or back chat I made, i stop it and I breathe and I do as she said.
This count for all decisions I make and I include her in all of them and I follow her answer, because anything that I say I know will be my male ego.
So this is really a point of dedicating yourself to get the male ego out unconditionally. And in the process empower women, they have been suppressed for thousands of years and the male had their chance for thousands of years and look at where we are. We are fucked.
So test yourself if you are in an agreement for life and oneness and equality and ending the abuse, go to the male and with your partner and let her buy you a shirt and wear it no matter what, breathe.
If you add music to video you are making ask your female partner do you think this music fits, if she says Yes or No then go with it and try something different, let her make suggestions or make many examples and let her choose.
Make a deal that you will make coffee whenever she asks you to, see if you as the male can handle that, breathe once again.
And if anything comes up and you are un able to breathe through it apply self forgiveness, make Mind construct and show her you have worked through it and you can move on.
So males it is time to stop the I know it all or I know best bullshit and let the E (energy) – go
if any questions leaf me a comment and I will reply or make a blog on it (about agreement)
wow, cool Gian! Cameron is doing this exact same point - humbling his male ego and pushing himself to come to me for perspective and guidance. TO ALL MEN - test this out and you will be surprised at how AWESOME it is, for you and your partner/
ReplyDeleteCool Gian - Joe and I read this out loud together - great support. When we were at the Desteni America meeting we had a really cool chat-session with Katie and Cam about this point specifically, so thanks for further perspective. Joe and I are working with this in our agreement, from the perspective that I tend to go into the 'male ego' at times as well, thus I must humble myself too, as we learn how to walk with, as equals here.
ReplyDeleteAwesome and to the point - Gian we often create the problems within our agreements and fail to see how we have ourselves create these conflicts.i.e. the silence or distance and fail to recognize that it is our own creation. Humbling thy self is a great way to deal with this point of male ego. Allowing others perspectives to be taken into consideration.
ReplyDeleteCool
Thanks Gian - simply awesome - I recognize this point of male-bullshit-ego in myself as well. Will apply your suggestions.
ReplyDeleteA very recognizable point that definitively has 'to go'. Thanks for addressing it. A point I have to work on myself most definitively.
ReplyDeletevery cool! thanks for sharing this Gian! awesome!
ReplyDeleteCool Gian! Very cool perspective here!
ReplyDeleteThanks for having the courage to share this, Gian!
ReplyDeleteVery cool hehe - cool suggestions every time your agreement partner asks for coffee get it! :)
ReplyDeleteSupportive perspective here Gian, and easy to hear suggestions. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletecool Gian, thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely great practise in humbleness!
ReplyDelete